report today. Sunday 22 August
Saturday’s protests in France mobilized thousands of protesters against sanitation permits. The French also defended the virologist, the professor. Didier Raoult, who treated his COVID-19 patients with amantadine, and as a result, loses his job
The Department of Health reported 185 new cases of coronavirus on Sunday – over a week ago. No one has died from COVID-19. There have been protests from opponents of the sewer pass in many French towns. The protesters also supported the famous French virologist. Coronavirus – today’s report.
In today’s report, we summarize the most important information about the COVID-19 pandemic.
185 new cases
- On Sunday, the Department of Health said we have 185 new cases of the coronavirus.
- No one has died from COVID-19;
- The number of people infected with the Corona virus rose to 2,886,698 and the death toll was 75,316.
- In hospitals, there are 340 beds occupied by patients with Covid-19, 36 of which breathe with the help of ventilators;
- 58,540 people are in quarantine;
- So far, 2,656,143 patients have been cured;
- In Poland, 358 05427 vaccines were manufactured.
See: New cases of coronavirus in Poland. Data from the Ministry of Health, August 22
France – demonstration and treatment of amantadine
- On Saturday, several thousand demonstrations against health passports were organized in several French cities.
- “Back from Professor Raoult!” – This is the content of the banners that the demonstrators carried in defense of the world of the virus. Didier Raoult, who should lose his post of director of the Marseille Clinic;
- On Thursday, it was confirmed that the founding members and members of the IHU board of directors will begin recruitment procedures in September to find a replacement for the professor. Raoult, Treatment of the coronavirus with amantadine;
- We are tired of liars. Today, there are millions of us in the streets, and we understand very well that we have been told incredible stories and that we were taken for idiots – Sandrine, 53, came to demonstrate against health passports, a entrusted to the media in the 12 arrondissement of Paris.
See: France. Cures with amantadine. Protests in defense of the virus world
Vaccines are still very effective
- The effectiveness of vaccines is still very high – said the professor. Wojciech Szczeklik in the Sunday program “Guest of Events”;
- I suspect that could happen to us in two or three weeks – he said of the acceleration of the fourth wave of the Corona virus in Poland;
- “The higher the number of copies of the virus, the greater its reproductive capacity, the more mutations and variants there are”;
- Szczyklic stressed that it is in the best interests of society to vaccinate as many people as possible.
See: Wojciech Szczeklik in “Guest of Events”: the effectiveness of vaccines is still very high
Photo of the Day: A security check at Pudong Airport in Shanghai, China. Five cases of coronavirus were confirmed at the airport among employees in the area of operations of the International Cargo Division. 120 people were placed in quarantine after coming into contact with them.
kmd / sgo / PAP, polsatnews.pl
“Music of infuriating humility. A problem solver. Reader. Hardcore writer. Alcohol evangelist.