Opening of the Marseille Fun Days carnival on Lincoln Street – Shaw Local
The Marseille Fun Day carnival was in full swing on Thursday with children enjoying the rides. The Lincoln Street Carnival continues through Saturday, while the festival continues through Sunday.
A fireworks show, live music, a parade and the Dr. Sutton Memorial Bridge walk are just a few of the activities yet to come for the six-day festival.
friday july 8
- 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: The Office of the State Treasurer presents the Unclaimed Property Program at Marseille City Hall, 209 Lincoln Street. Go to https://icash.illinoistreasurer.gov/ to see if you have any unclaimed property.
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: Marseille Library, 155 rue E. Bluff, annual sale of books and ice cream sandwiches.
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Teddy Bear Picnic at Knudson Park organized and sponsored by the Illini State Park Foundation. Free kids games and hot dogs. Bring your teddy bears.
- Noon: Seniors Luncheon at the Marseille Lions Club, 511 rue Commerciale, provided and sponsored by OSB Community Bank with an “Introduction to Internet Banking” program by Bobby Kaminski and the Office of the State Treasurer will present the property program unclaimed.
- 2-4 p.m.: Carnival on Lincoln Street opens to friends with disabilities. Registration at the Town Hall.
- 5 p.m. to midnight: Carnival on Lincoln Street.
- 5 p.m. to midnight: Beer and misting tent, food vendors in Knudson Park.
- 5-7:30 p.m.: The Belle Rangers, Knudson Park in the Strip Shell, free.
- 8 p.m. to midnight: Abbynormal, Knudson Park in the strip shell, free.
Saturday July 9
- 9 a.m.: Annual Dr. Sutton Memorial Bridge Walk. Registration at 8 a.m. at the Marseille Nursing Service, 227, rue Main. Donation of $5/adult, $1/child and dog. Benefits to support the Marseille Nursing Service.
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Marseille Library, 155 rue E. Bluff, annual sale of books and ice cream sandwiches.
- 1 to 3 p.m.: The Seattle Sutton Marseilles Museum, 151 Washington St., will be open. Free train rides for kids as well as free popcorn.
- Noon to midnight: Carnival on Lincoln Street.
- 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.: Beer and misting tent, food vendors in Knudson Park.
- 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.: Bagshot Row, Knudson Park in the band shell, free.
- 9 p.m. to midnight: Vinyl Goldmine, Knudson Park in the band’s shell, free.
- Twilight: Fireworks sponsored by the Association des Sapeurs-Pompiers de Marseille, 75th anniversary of the show.
Sunday July 11
- 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.: Chicken Fry at the Lions Club of Marseille, 511 rue Commerciale, sponsored by the Lions Club.
- 1:00 p.m.: Fun Days Parade hosted by the Illinois River Region Chamber of Commerce. Line-up at noon at Marseille Elementary School, 201 Chicago St. Get off at 1 p.m. Parade route down Broadway to commercial streets to ball diamonds. The parade marshals are Bill and Lil Kuiper. Sign by calling the chamber at 815-795-2323 or simply join the queue that day.
- 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Free swim open to all at the Piscine de Marseille, 555 rue du Commerce, sponsored by the City of Marseille and the Régie des Loisirs de Marseille.