Innate Pharma Shares Rise After AstraZeneca Presents Positive NSCLC Trial Data at European Conference
Innate Pharma SA shares traded up 38% after the company announced its development partner AstraZeneca Plc. reported positive interim results from its phase 2 COAST study at the European Society of Medical Oncology congress. When combined with durvalumab, monalizumab has been shown to improve progression-free survival and objective response rates in patients with unresectable stage III non-small cell lung cancer.
Global clinical-stage oncology-focused biotechnology company Innate Pharma SA (IPHA), which is engaged in the development of therapeutic antibodies designed to harness the body’s own immune system to fight cancer, disease infectious and inflammatory diseases, announced today that “AstraZeneca Plc (AZN: NYSE; AZN: LON) presented the results of the randomized phase 2 COAST trial at the 2021 congress of the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) September 17, 2021. “
Innate Pharma mentioned that interim data from the phase 2 COAST study demonstrated that when taken in combination with durvalumab, monalizumab “improves progression free survival (PFS) and objective response rate (ORR). compared to durvalumab alone in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who had not progressed after concomitant radiochemotherapy (CRT). “
The company pointed out that monalizumab is its primary asset in partnership, which it described as “a potentially first-in-class immune checkpoint inhibitor targeting NKG2A receptors expressed on tumor infiltrating cytotoxic CD8 + T cells and cells. natural killers (NK) “. The company added that “monalizumab may restore a broad anti-tumor response mediated by NK and T cells and may increase the cytotoxic potential of other therapeutic antibodies.”
According to the report, AstraZeneca obtained full oncology rights for monalizumab in 2018 through a previous collaboration and commercialization agreement. Ongoing development activities for monalizumab are focused on evaluating monalizumab in combination with other compounds and strategies to be used to target a range of malignant tumors.
Innate Pharma CEO Mondher Mahjoubi commented, “We are delighted to see the results of monalizumab COAST, in particular improved clinical outcomes for patients with stage III non-small cell lung cancer. unresectable… Monalizumab is one of the first checkpoint inhibitors targeting an NK cell. receptor and today’s findings further support its role in the treatment of certain cancers by blocking the inhibitory receptor, NKG2A. “
The report pointed out that based on the results recorded in the phase 2 COAST study, AstraZeneca approached and informed Innate of its intention to initiate a registration study of monalizumab in combination with durvalumab in patients with a unresectable stage III non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
The company said that in 2020, around 2.2 million people were diagnosed with lung cancer. The company noted that lung cancer is often grouped into two general classes, small cell lung cancer and non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Innate Pharma reported that NSCLC typically accounts for 80-85% of total cases, with a quarter of these classified as stage III.
Stage III NSCLC is defined as locally advanced, which is then classified as level IIIA, IIIB, or IIIC depending on the extent of the cancer’s spread to the lungs. Most patients with stage III NSCLC are diagnosed with unresectable tumors and are treated curatively, unlike patients with stage IV where the cancer has spread and metastasized extensively.
AstraZeneca’s Phase 2 COAST trial is a randomized, multi-faceted study currently being conducted in 189 patients with locally advanced and unresectable stage III NSCLC who had not progressed after concomitant CRT. The global study is being conducted at 82 sites in 9 different countries in North America, Europe and Asia.
The trial was established to determine the efficacy of durvalumab alone or in combination with monalizumab or oleclumab, an anti-CD73 monoclonal antibody. The predetermined primary endpoint of the trial is ORR as a measure of anti-tumor activity and other secondary endpoints to determine overall safety, duration of response and overall survival and without progression.
Innate Pharma SA is a global clinical-stage oncology-focused biotechnology company headquartered in Marseille, France. The company is focused on improving treatments and patient outcomes by creating and developing therapeutic antibodies designed to harness the immune system to target and fight cancer. The company claimed that it was a pioneer in the use of Natural Killer cell biology and that it had applied its expertise in antibody engineering to the tumor microenvironment and tumor antigens.
Innate Pharma SA started Friday with a market cap of approximately $ 455.2 million with approximately 79.2 million shares outstanding. IPHA US ADR shares opened more than 30% higher on Friday at $ 7.60 (+1.85, + 32.1%) from Thursday’s closing price of $ 5.75 and hit a new price higher over 52 weeks Friday morning of $ 11.95. The stock traded between $ 7.50 and $ 11.95 per share on Friday and closed at $ 8.10 (+ $ 2.35, + 40.87%).
1) Stephen Hytha wrote this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise Reports as an independent contractor. He or the members of his household have securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or the members of his household are remunerated by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are sponsors of the Streetwise Reports bulletin board: None. Click here for important information on referral fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its managers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation to buy or sell securities.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or their family members, as well as those interviewed for articles and interviews on the Site, may have a long or short position on the titles mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate family are prohibited from making purchases and / or sales of these securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the decision to publish an article up to three days. working days after publication of the article. The foregoing ban does not apply to articles which, in essence, only repeat previously published company releases.
6) This article does not constitute medical advice. Streetwise Reports officers, employees and contributors are not licensed healthcare professionals. Readers should always contact their healthcare professionals for medical advice.