Auxerre vs Marseille Predictions and Betting Tips
Auxerre will host Marseille at the Stade de l’Abbé-Deschamps in Ligue 1 on Saturday.
Marseille started their season unbeaten, winning four of their five games. They have won three in a row, beating Clermont Foot 1-0 at home, with Pape Gueye scoring the game’s only goal.
Auxerre, meanwhile, saw their three-game unbeaten streak come to an end in their last outing. Tete and Karl Toko Ekambi gave Lyon a two-goal lead before Mathias Autret cut the deficit ten minutes from time.
Auxerre against Marseille Face-to-face and key figures
- Both teams have locked horns 59 times during competitions. It will be their first league meeting since 2012. They last met in the round of 32 of the Coupe de France in 2021, which Marseille won 2-0.
- As expected, the visitors were the better team against their northern rivals, leading 25-17 in wins, while 17 games ended in draws.
- Marseille have scored at least two goals in their last three away games against Auxerre in all competitions.
- Four of the last five meetings between the two teams have ended in draws. Marseille picked up a 3-0 victory in their last Ligue 1 encounter in the 2011-12 campaign.
- Marseille have five wins from their last six league games but have won only four of their last 12 away encounters against newly promoted sides.
- Auxerre have scored less than 2.5 goals in seven of their last eight home games against Marseille in all competitions.
Auxerre vs Marseille Prediction
The hosts are enjoying a good run on their return to the top flight. They are doing the best of the three teams promoted from Ligue 2.
However, the Phocaeans have the best defensive record in the league, and given their recent form, a comfortable win seems to be on the cards.
Prediction: Auxerre 1-2 Marseille
2 for 1 new player bonus at Barstool
Auxerre v Marseille BTuning tips
Tip 1: Result – Marseilles
Tip 2: Goals – Under/Over 2.5 goals – More than 2.5
Tip 3: At least one goal to score in the second half – Yes
Tip 4: Nuno Tavares scores at all times – Yes
Tip 5: Marseille scores first – Yes